Thread: therapy pics

Default therapy pics

Sad times for far too many reasons. For me the best therapy is to get out into the natural world, especially at owl time. Tonight I heard two Barred Owls and found one.

Another therapy is going up to Atoka County to image the night skies. As I neared the property I encountered some free range Guinea Fowl!

I've driven on roads in WY with free range cattle, but this was a first. On that trip I was setting up some new gear, but managed to get a few shots.

M13, the great globular cluster in Hercules

and the Ring Nebula in Lyra

Hopefully my next trip will be for fun, not therapy.

Larry

Default Re: therapy pics

Wonderful therapy pictures, Larry! Where is Atoka county? Also, you were in WY, is that Wyoming? One doesnít just casually drive to Wyoming to get some bird therapy - thatís a ďfur pieceĒ from here? Or am I confused?

Iíve spent all of 2017 having total shoulder joint replacement surgery and therapy on both shoulders. These joints take the longest to recover from. I hope by the end of October Iíll be through with therapy and can finally start birding again. I am SO ready to get out of the house and start enjoying being outdoors in nature again!

But... where are the birds? Except for the 3 hummingbirds I still have around my side and back yards, birding is not just slow, itís dead! Whatís going on?

Gus,

Thanks. Good to hear from you and glad to hear you are getting back into shape. Hope to see you out there soon. Atoka county is a little north of Durant. Texas Astronomical Society has their dark site there. That's how far north we need to go to be able to see and photograph the Milky Way, among other celestial things.

Larry

WY is Wyoming. We took a road trip to Seattle this summer. On the way back we drove along the Green River Valley where we encountered free range cattle. If you hit one, you are liable for damages.

Larry

Thanks Larry.

area bounded by Skillman, Abrams, Lovers and University

Fantastic photos. Thank you!!